Friday, June 28, 2013

What Have Your Ears Been~Feeling~?-June

I like the idea of documenting what music I have been listening to every month. Because I'm constantly looking for new songs to add to playlists I make on my 8tracks, I go through music and  bands pretty quickly. I guess it'll be nice to come back to these songs later and get all nostalgic and shit.
1. 212-Azealia Banks
I first really listened to this song in May while I was finishing up three different paintings for Finals Week, so technically this isn't a June song. But fuck it's amazing and I still listen to it constantly. The fast paced beat and amazing rapping skills are just super addicting. I'm still warming up to Azealia's other songs (I personally ain't digging the eccentric looks she puts out in her later music videos) but the only other one I enjoy is 1991.
2. Cookie Thumper-Die Antwoord
Oh look! More Die Antwoord how surprising! Cookie Thumper is their latest released song and even though I don't understand a word of the chorus, I found myself humming it constantly at work this month.
3. When I'm Alone-Lissie 
I don't only listen to rap and hip-hop I swear! When I'm Alone is always on repeat in my car, but please listen to the version above and THIS ONE. Lissie is an amazing singer and I feel like she puts so much emotion into her voice when she performs live. Perfection.
4. Wicked Game (Chris Isaac Cover)-James Vincent McMorrow
Okay, so I don't know much about this artist, or any of his other songs, I just found this beauty while I was browsing on youtube. Before you press play, take a deep breath, close your eyes...get zen and calm and think about someone you love/loved. This song is just pure feels. I love it so much.
5.Mosquito-Yeah Yeah Yeahs
This is off their latest album, which is (unf) so good. I had a major YYY phase in the eighth grade. I had an ipod nano with only The Beastie Boys and the Show Your Bones album, so it was pretty easy to get obsessed. Karen O is a rock goddess and this song just makes me want to "suck your blood!"

Alright! Have fun listening and I hope you have an amazing time in July!










No comments:

Post a Comment