Thursday, September 5, 2013

I'm Winnin' The End and The Beginnin' (Music for First Week of September)

It hasn't been a full week and new music sweeps past me for this month like I'm on a schedule! I don't know if I'm going to be jammin' to these stuff all September, so let me tell you what I've been listening to these past days! (And a very detailed description of my co-worker)

 I'm Out-Ciara ft Nicki Minaj


I loved this song the second it came out, but its only lately I've been constantly listening to it while in my drawing class. I thought that the music video with just the words was the official and I was a little bummed, but then this gem came out and ughh so perfect. Ciara and Nicki in matching white jumpsuits? YES! 

Never Le Nkemise (Part 1 & 2)-Die Antwoord

"If you don't like funerals *whispers* don't kick sand in Ninja's face"
The first half is rap and dubstep and the second is a techno instrumental, like are you fucking kidding me Die Antwoord?! I love this so much please listen and bang your head and jump around and enjoy.

Rock The Mic-Mikey J & The UK Female Allstars


The only rapper I've actually listened to and heard of before this video is Roxxxan. Please go check out her videos: Power, Too Fucking Facety, Thunder Bay and Guerilla. It's really tough to find new rappers that are as amazing as the mainstream ones, especially female rappers. So this video is like a hidden treasure for me. I've always wanted to make a mix of a shit ton of female rappers in one song, but now I don't have to do that because this video is so satisfying and I'm really lazy. 

Fitzpleasure-alt-j

At work (a children's indoor play place) I like to play a game called "How Inappropriate Can The Music I Play Get Before Parents Complain." I'm a fabulous employee, I know. The lyrics are a little hard to decipher when you aren't paying attention, so I play Fitzpleasure for the lil kiddies all the time. Sometimes twice in a shift. My alt-j obsession is finally growing past Breezeblocks, so if anyone has any other songs of theirs that they'd like to suggest, I'm all ears! I only listen to those two and Tesselate, and I'm not sure if there are any other songs at good as those. 

Lost, Picking Flowers In The Woods-Black Moth Super Rainbow


Speaking of work, I work with one of the greatest humans to ever walk the Earth. She's like a real life Stargirl. Her name is Dalia (DAH-LEE-AH), she is a total hippie who doesn't shave her legs, bends the employee dress code to her earthy whims (we're supposed to wear a plain red shirt and mostly black yoga pants, but she comes in with flowy wine colored tank tops-a dark shade of red-and flare out floral pants) she has crazy hair with chunks of dreads, braids, and beads. She will scorn you for throwing out water bottles and dig them out from the trash, I sometimes see her walking to her car at night with armfuls of plastic to recycle. She's an artist who goes to music festivals and does psychedelic drugs and wears clothes that she finds off the sidewalks of Santa Ana. She also reminds me of the sun, or a flower that's growing from a muddy garden. And she smells like tea tree oil. I'm only describing to you how amazing she is because this video reminds me of her, and I'm trying to prove that she's not a book character but it's very difficult. 
Dalia is a feminist, like myself, and we both bonded over our love for CocoRosie. Ever since then, she's been trying to get me into some of her music. Tame Impala was the first, but yesterday she showed me Black Moth Super Rainbow. I can't stop listening to this full EP while I'm drawing. It's so magical. Another band she showed me yesterday was Purity Ring.

Lofticries-Purity Ring


Our manager started complaining when we started playing this song, unplugged my phone from the aux cord, and put in her own iPod filled with old school Miley Cyrus and Fall Out Boy. How can you go from this Narnia of musical goodness to fucking Panic! At the Disco? HOW?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Call Them Brothers-Regina Spektor ft Only Son

Whenever I feel like not listening to the same ten songs on KIIS FM, I grab my phone and play this while I'm driving. It's so calming at first and it just lets me exhale and relax. I really want to make either a Hunger Games playlist (again) or a Full Metal Alchemist playlist with this song. Ja feel? Maybe one of the two will be on this blog soon.



That's all so far everyone! Have a fun time with the videos and links-please check out the links! See you in a couple of weeks!









No comments:

Post a Comment